I had my first zoom meeting with my some of my friends last night, the wife was doing it with her's so I seemed like a good idea. It worked out pretty well, I was able to get 4 people to join, mostly the older guys, i'm sure the young ones were dealing with their kids or having fun with their own lives.
The second week of school was better, this big kids are getting into the rhythm with their teachers and doing their assignment online, I fear my preschooler is getting almost no attention. My wife picked up her proscription opioids for her spine issue. I've extremely worried. She took one, seemed to feel better and worked on the house for a bit, then went to sleep around 3pm and didn't get up again until after 7. She needed the sleep, but when she was up again she was hurting again, so turned back to her normal pain management techniques. I was gonna try and not have a drink last night too, but it was too much fun zooming and I knew the booze would make it more fun, and it did.
This has got to be the largest social experiment ever performed. I'm worried about the outcomes. I suspect people will embrace certain parts of it, delivery, curbside pickup, more online meetings, all will probably stick around, even after the virus is no longer a threat. The impact to business will be long lasting as well, and obviously those whom are no longer employed.
No comments:
Post a Comment